The Richmond Name
Richmond Stables was first established circa 1848 in St. John's Newfoundland. The house on the property, named Richmond Cottage, was designed and built by the renowned designer Gilbert Browning for a notorious politician and businessman. Many years, and many stories, later it was purchased by Kelly's Grandparents, Dr. And Mrs. Gordon Lynch.
Kelly's Grandmother gifted to Kelly many things including her love of animals in general , and of horses and riding in particular. Kelly has passionately pursued riding ever since that childhood exposure.
After achieving all that she could running a stable in Newfoundland, Kelly moved to British Columbia to be able to grow as a rider and a coach.
It was only fitting that when Kelly eventually opened her stable in 2000 that she name it after her Grandmother's beloved Richmond Cottage: relocated in spirit to Gilbert Road in Richmond, BC.